We are living through highly uncertain times. The Covid 19 pandemic has heralded very significant changes and challenges to our normal way of life. It is during such times that our practice of yoga and meditation becomes ever more necessary, acting both as a refuge and a valuable inner resource in fostering resilience, trust, and self-empowerment.
Tutor(s): Swami Krishnapremananda and Tulsi
Such resilience allows us to stay open to all aspects of Life and expresses itself as compassion for our own self, and others, even when we find ourselves overwhelmed, at the limit of our capacities. Often the fertile ground of our practice is when we allow ourselves to feel our grief, our sorrow and our confusion that will inevitably arise in life.
This final of the 4 days, on March 13th, will focus on Letting go into Life
- exploring the value of letting go and trusting in life's agenda, rather than holding on too tightly to our own agenda of 'how life should be.' We will share the value of developing a greater flexibility of mind, which allows us to ride the waves of life more easily, as well as a opening to trust in the Intelligence behind the constantly changing kaleidoscope of life. Click here for a short video
by Swami Krishnapremananda outlining this course.
The purpose of the whole 4-day course is to explore how we can use simple yoga practices and teachings to:
- tap into our innate inner energy, resourcefulness, and resilience
- become more at ease with our vulnerabilities, seeing them as steppingstones towards a more mature self-understanding and acceptance
- find ways to keep saying 'yes' to life, rather than contracting or withdrawing out of habitual fear or insecurity
- strengthen our ability to bounce back from adversity, to be more flexible with what IS, and maintain a more positive disposition even when faced with difficulties
- become more trusting in the natural Intelligence and flow of Life.
For all 4 days, we will be drawing upon yoga practices of asana, pranayama, bandha, yoga nidra, and meditation as well as drawing from key teachings from the Bhagavad Gita and Upanishads. Each day will finish with Satsang - questions and sharing - with the course tutors.
This online course will be delivered via zoom, and the session timings are given below:
9.00-10.15am, 10.45-12.15, 12.45-13.15, 15.00-15.40, 16.00-17.00
The course will close for bookings at 5pm the day before the course is due to start.